Packaging Compliance Services
REPIC operates an approved packaging producer compliance scheme for our WEEE scheme producer members.
We are responsible for ensuring our members achieve their producer financing and reporting obligations for collection each year.
We pride ourselves in providing a market leading compliance solution and in ensuring that our members’ waste packaging is responsibly recycled.
We work with many organisations to achieve this:
When you join the REPIC packaging compliance scheme we will:
- take on your recycling and recovery obligations by obtaining Packaging Recovery Notes( PRNs).
- provide guidance on calculating the packaging you place on the market
- offset your obligation with any PRNs generated through your own recycling initiatives
- offer help and advice on packaging recycling and waste issues
- undertake on-site visits for data and waste & recycling audits
- submit an annual Declaration of Compliance to the appropriate environment agency
- an essential voice in engaging with government and other industry bodies
What is packaging?
Packaging is anything that is used to contain, protect, deliver or present goods. Goods could be raw materials or processed items.
Packaging can take many forms and includes boxes, pallets, labels, containers, tubes, bags, sacks, tape, wrapping and binding and tying material. For the Government’s definition of packaging, click here.